Circuit Park Zandvoort PO Box 132 2040 AC Zandvoort Holland Tel: (31) (0)23 5740740 Fax: (31) (0)23 5740741The circuit to the left was first used in 1939, and was around the streets of Zandvoort itself, and was partly a promotional tool to gain acceptance for a permanent circuit. This permanent circuit (located to the right of the 1939 circuit behind the dunes) was first used in 1948, and was designed using the advice of 1928 Le Mans winner Sammy Davis, using the communications road left behind by the departing German army after World War II. Once the F1 circus left in 1985, the circuit went bankrupt, and it was subsequently taken over by the town council in 1988. Noise pollution laws forced the shortening of the circuit from 2.642 miles to 1.565 miles, and a man-made sand dune was placed between the circuit and the town to reduce noise. During 1998, an extension was built, lengthening the circuit to 2.650 miles (4250 m) for the start of the 1999 season.
By Rail:- Trains operate regularly from Amsterdam Centraal Station to Zandvoort. On leaving the station, turn right and follow the road (van Speijkstraat) to the end and then turn left (onto van Lennepweg), and first right (by Texaco Garage) onto Burg van Alphenstraat. Past the end of the park on your right is the circuit entrance.
Tip: at the bigger meetings drivers and team members head for the Bastille Bar.