A "high speed reliability trial" was held here in 1936, around the streets
of Woody Point, near Redcliffe. Cars were meant to keep to fixed speeds
(42 mph for the unlimited class cars), but the layout of the circuit meant
that the cars had to be driven flat out, just as in a race (although the drivers
had to change their spark plugs before they set off). The circuit was
2.65 miles in length, and the event was held over 27 laps. This "race" was
never held again.