A clay oval was first built here in the early 1950's, which was paved around
1957. A straight was then added, extending the track westwards, forming a
1/4 mile drag strip with a slowdown area. However, it was not very level
along its length, and did not have a consistent flat cross slope either. The
1.5 mile mile road course (second map above) was operational from 1958, with the extra
loop (topmost map) being built later (although it may not have been ever paved
or used). The track closed around 1967 to accommodate an entrance road to the
new community college.