A 5.00 mile road circuit used on the 5th July 1912. Located at Lake View in Tacoma, the course cost
$6,000 to build, and took less than two months to construct, with sprinklers and steam rollers, oilers and packers used to iron out all of the wrinkles and soft places until the day before the race. The course was clockwise, with the start and grandstand on Lakeview Avenue (more or less in the middle of the map), exactly 1 mile distance to the first right-hand corner. It then went along 112th street to Gravelly Lake Drive, up the Drive to Steilacoom Boulevard, and back to Lakeview Avenue.