Opened on the 21st August 1949 as a 2.2 mile road course based around an airport.
It was shortened to 2.0 miles for 1951, and in the last meeting held on the 13th June
1954, it hosted a NASCAR Grand National race which was won by Al Keller in a Jaguar, which
as of the end of 2006 was the only NASCAR Grand National race ever won by a foreign car.
A 1/4 mile dragstrip was used in 1954 and 1955. The track is now Aviation Plaza on US9.