Opened as a horse racing track on Thanksgiving Day in 1895, Ingleside was a one mile dirt oval used for motor-racing from 1900 to 1911. The 1906 event was cancelled due to the San Francisco Earthquake of that year. The track was torn down in 1912 and became the Ingleside Terrace Housing Development - the current Urbano Drive is the location of where the track was.