In 1888, the New Jersey State Fairgrounds were built, and in 1900 a half-mile
dirt oval was constructed on the site. In 1946 it was extended to one mile,
and in 1957 it was paved. It was rebuilt in 1969 as the 1.5 mile kidney shaped
oval shown above. It was demolished in 1983 to make way for the New Jersey
Grounds for Sculpture.
Width: 65 feet on turns, 55 feet on straights, 80 foot wide apron
Banking: Turns 1 & 2, 10 degrees. Dogleg, 4 degrees. Turns 3 & 4, 15 degrees.
Radius of dogleg turn: 20 degrees