An ex-RAF base, the circuit was first used on the 4th August 1952 by the
Bristol Motorcycle & Light Car Club on a 1.89 mile circuit. The following
year a new 2.7574 mile circuit was used, but car racing after this point
ceased, although motorcycle racing continued. The British Automobile Racing
Club then took over, and on the 1st March 1968 raced on a new 2.356 mile
circuit which was virtually identical to that used today.
1.89 mile, first circuit layout.
2.7574 mile, second circuit - used from 1953.
Used from 1955 - moved startline.