Salinas (Puerto Rico International Speedway)
Puerto Rico International Speedway
PO Box 9148
Tel: (1) 787 824-0020
Salinas is based on an airport built by the US Army in 1940.
In 1975 the first 1/4 mile dragstrip was opened, certified by the NHRA. Until
1982 it was rented to different promoters, but it closed from 1982-1984, when
it was built by the López family. Since then it has been used for motorsport.
It now has in addition a 1/8 mile dragstrip, a 1.2 mile and a 1.8 mile road
circuit, and an oval go-kart track.