Located in Northfield (Bedford), Ohio, Sportsman Park was built by Al Capone
as a dog race track, and opened in 1935. It was first used for motor-racing on the
18th October 1936, when it was a 1/4 mile dirt oval. It was used until the
26th July 1942, when war intervened, but reopened on the 26th August 1945.
The last race on the dirt oval was held around the 25th September 1955, after
which it was paved. However, by the end on 1956 the track was closed, and it
became the site of the Northfield Horse Track.