Shreveport first hosted a 1 mile dirt oval for horse racing in 1870, with the
Louisiana State Fair opening there in 1906. Car racing first occured in 1910,
with grandstands being added in 1912. The track was shortened to a 1/2 mile
oval in 1938.
After the war, a 1/4 mile oval was added, but without much success. The
half mile oval was paved in 1969. The final event was held in 1977, and
the track was torn up in 1981.