Richmond State Fairgrounds
The Virginia State Fairgrounds were first used for racing in 1907 on what is
now North Boulevard and Hermitage Road/Sherwood Avenue. It was a 1 mile dirt
oval, replaced by a 1/2 mile oval in 1919. It was used until 1947, when the
track was moved to Strawberry Hill (on which was built Richmond International
Raceway). The old track was demolished in 1954, and replaced by the Parker
Field Baseball park.