A 3.2 mile circuit based around the roads of South Bass Island in Lake Erie. Used in 1955, 1958 and 1959. The races were revived in 1963 on a shorter course.

At the time, racing on public roads had been mostly banned in America, and it provided a romantic setting for racing. There was no road link to the island, so access was only by water ferry or a Ford Tri-Motor aeroplane. One of the favourite viewing points was the local graveyard, and spectators would sit on the tombstones in the shade of the trees, typically while enjoying the locally produced wine.