This circuit, active between 1924 and 1961, was the longest circuit ever
to feature in the F1 World Championship at 16.032 miles in 1957. Located
in the Abruzzi region on the Adriatic coast, the circuit featured two four
mile long straights coupled with an eight mile climbing and twisting
section. The course also featured level crossings and barely guarded corners.
In the thirty-six years the track was open, the track barely changed from
Enzo Ferrari's inaugral win in 1924.