The fairgrounds were built in 1926, originally with a 1/2 mile horse
trotting track. The first motor race was held in 1928, and to
accommodate this, slight banking was added to the corners in 1929. In 1938,
a 1/4 mile midget track was built inside the main oval, and racing continued
through until 1952, when turns three and four of the main oval were ploughed up.
Racing continued on the midget oval until 1965.