A temporary road circuit active from 1950 through to 1960, the track
consisted of slow and fast corners, with tramlines and cobbles thrown in
for good measure. Safety fears caused the circuit to close in 1960.
Track Length: 4.65 miles until 1954, 4.603 miles afterwards.
Lap Record: John Surtees (Lotus 18-Climax), 2m27.53, 112.322mph, 1960.
In 2007, a new 4.720 km variant of the circuit was used for a round of the
FIA World Touring Car Championship. It incorporated parts of the 1950s
circuit, although it was a different layout.