Nuriootpa, located in the Barossa Valley, was first used in April 1949.
A largely flat 3.0 mile circuit, it was then used on January 2nd 1950 for
the Australian GP. An item to note is that the finishing line was on Pennce
Street, but the start line was on Research Road.
In 1951, the South Australian state government passed legislation banning racing on
public roads, so the circuit was used no more.