This circuit was based on a World War II airfield in Nowra, New South Wales.
The original 4.35 mile circuit was first used in 1947 after it was
decommissioned as a R.A.A.F. aerodrome. When next used on the 7th December
1952, the navy had taken over the aerodrome and forbade the use of the runways.
Instead, a 1.6 mile circuit using taxiways and hard standing was used.