A 1.66 mile circuit located on Krestovsky Island - also known as the Nevskiy Ring,
although the name better translates as the Neva Ring. It was built in 1958, but
was closed in 1977 due to a fatality. It reopened soon after, but held its final
race on the 2nd July 2006, when it was closed to make way for a football stadium.
Shown below are two maps. The original layout is shown on the left, and the later
circuit is shown to the right - this is the same map as above, but from a vertical plan.