This 4.375 mile track was the site of the 1951 Australian GP. However, a
shorter 2.2 mile circuit was used in 1948 for the "Great Southern Flying
50", this track missing out the almost rectangular loop to the left of
the above map, and turning from Glyde street down Furnival Street, instead of
Used for the 50th anniversary of the 1951 Australian Grand Prix in 2001. The circuit
was highlighted in green, and was anticlockwise. A corner of the old circuit is
highlighted in violet on the map. The Start/finish line was probably in Eston Street,
with the paddock between Eston and Earl.