A third of a mile concrete oval built in 1924 to host car racing in Yarra Park.
It fell into disuse during the Depression, so in 1934 the decaying concrete
structure was dug up and the Olympic Park Speedway built instead (shown
by the dotted lines inside the circular bowl above). This oval was clay
surfaced, and was used until 1956 when it was demolished to make way
for athletics fields for the Olympic Games.