Meadowdale International Raceway was built in 1958 to promote
growth in the Carpentersville area, 40 miles northwest of Chicago. The
original track was 3.27 miles long with a variety of turns and elevation
changes. Its signature feature was the Monza Wall, a 180 degree steeply
banked turn that led onto the 4,000 foot main straight.
The last major event at Meadowdale was an SCCA Trans-Am race July
6-7, 1968. A few sports car club races followed, but for all practical
purposes, the track closed that season. Plans to revive it were announced
periodically, but none were successful.