This circuit was based on a World War 2 airfield 7km to the west of Lowood
near the hamlet of Mount Tarampa, and pressure from a local
religious group prevented racing taking place on Sundays. Several race
meetings were held between 1948 and 1952 until the Air Ministry decided to
close it for racing. In late 1956 the base was bought by the Queensland
Racing Drivers' Club, and by 1960 held the Australian GP. However, the
circuit closed in 1966 when the QRDC sold the circuit to concentrate instead
on Lakeside. The circuit property was then subdivided into small farms.