Louisville Motor Speedway

Built in the winter of 1987-88 as a 3/8 mile oval by Kenny Stilger and Andy Vertrees, it features a figured eight course. In 1993 a 7/16 D-shaped oval was built.

Around the time of WW2, a temporary circuit was used around the State Fairgrounds (not the horse track). This became the 1.8 mile road circuit shown below by 1959, with a 0.6 mile extension planned for 1960 (shown by the dotted lines on the map below).