Lonsdale Sports Arena
A 1/3 mile, high-banked, paved oval built in 1947 alongside the Blackstone River.
The first event was run on the 13th August 1947. However, a hurricane in 1955
caused the river to flood, undermining half of the grandstands. With low
crowd figures, the owners couldn't afford to rebuild them, and the last race
was held on the 30th September 1956. A shopping center was then built on the site.