A 4.3 mile airfield circuit used after World War 2 between 1949 and the mid
1950s. It was based on two long Liberator runways which intersected at 60
degrees, linked by some access roads, with the corners named after the three
farming families which owned the land the track was on. In 1987 it was
used for a one off historic meeting called "Back-to-Leyburn Day".