Lakeside Speedway, located on West 45th and Sheridan Boulevard in Denver,
Colorado, was originally built as a baseball park in 1935 by Ben Krasner.
It was converted in 1938 into a 1/5 mile dirt oval for midget racing, and
was paved in 1939. Stock cars used the circuit from 1950, and the circuit
remained in use until 1988, when economic factors and a spectator death caused
the circuit to be closed.