Originally built in 1906 as a 1/2 mile trotting track in Bergen County Park
near Ridgewood. It was first used for motor racing in 1912, and was used
through until the 4th July 1938, when racing was halted after Henry Guerand
and Vince Brehm locked wheels, with Guerand leaving the track and hitting a
parked car, killing two spectators, including a 10 year old boy.