Built in 1932, Hinchcliffe Stadium was built to host baseball and football
games. Surrounding the field was a 1/5 mile cinder track, and this was used
for speedway motorcycles in 1934. After Nutley was closed in 1939, the
Hinchcliffe track was paved, and it was re-opened as a midget track,
although it hosted stock-cars in the 1950s. The track closed in that decade,
and the stadium eventually became derelict due to subsidence.