Hershey Park was built by Milton Hershey, inventor of the Hershey Bar, in 1907.
He built a stadium in the park in 1939, and held the first midget race on a
1/5 mile asphalt oval on the 18th May 1939. There was little racing held
after World War II until the midgets returned in 1967 for three years. The
midgets returned again for 1982 and 1983, but after that changes to the venue
meant that racing was no longer possible.