Located in Montgomery County Fairgrounds, Hatfield Speedway was originally
a 1/2 mile dirt horse track, and was first used for motor racing in 1922.
After World War II, a 1/4 mile dirt oval was used for midget racing between
1952 and 1953. For 1954, they moved back to the 1/2 mile oval, which had since
been paved, and stayed there until 1959. For 1960 a 1/3 mile dirt banked oval
was used until 1967, when the track was replaced by housing.