Gilmore Stadium, located on Beverly Boulevard, just to the north of the
La Brea Tar pits in Los Angeles, was a 1/5 mile stadium built in 1934 by
Earl Gilmore to host midget racing. It was expanded to 1/4 miles in 1936,
and had a crushed granite surface. The land was purchased in 1950 by CBS
Television, and the last race was held on the 23rd November 1950.