Freeport Municipal Stadium
Built in 1931, it featured a 1/5 mile cinder track around a football field.
It was used for speedway in 1933, followed by jalopy racing later that year.
Midget racing started in 1935, and continued for 40 years. The track was
paved in June 1939, and once racing resumed after World War II in 1945, it
also hosted stock cars. The track was extended onto a former baseball
diamond to make a 1/4 mile track in 1979. The stadium was closed in 1983,
and torn down in 1989.