Located 1 mile NE of US 202 on SR31, Flemington was originally a 1/2 mile
dirt oval, used for motor-racing for the first time in 1915. The grandstands
(still in existence in 2002) were built in 1917, and the track expanded to
a 5/8 mile, semi-banked D-shaped oval in 1966.
It was paved in 1990, and ever after then the track lost money. The owners
sold the track, and the last event was held on the 8th November 2002, when
the Garden State Vintage Stock Car Club was invited to bring their vintage
race cars to Flemington for hot laps before the new owners of the property