Originally a motorcycle track which opened in 1949 on what was left of an
army encampment close to the town of Bacchus March in Victoria, it was
used by the 500 Car Club for 500cc car racing. As the class declined, it
fell out of use as a car circuit, and was sold off towards the end of the 1960s.
The land was eventually built upon, although the roads largely survived.