Located off the A38 at Fradley Park between Lichfield and Burton upon Trent, Curborough was originally part of RAF Lichfield. The RAF station was closed in the 1st March 1957, and in 1963 the Shenstone and District Car Club secured the lease and developed the site for sprints, the first event being held in June 1963 on a 915 yard course. The long course is 1557 yards long.