Continental Divide Raceway
Located in Castle Rock, Colorado, it was opened in 1959, and was 2.8 miles in
length, and also included a 0.5 mile banked oval and a drag strip. It was
originally planned to be the "International Columbine Sports Center" (a defunct
plan to build a spectator venue for most major sports in Denver), but became
a motorsport venue after a hill climb was staged on a dirt road running
through the property in 1957. It was taken over by the Colorado Motor Raceway
Inc, which raised money via a stock offer, and built the circuit complex.