Click here for a road map of the area/course.
Located three miles west of Clermont-Ferrand.
Known variously as the Circuit Louis Rosier, Circuit de Montagne d'Auvergne and Charade, this circuit was originally designed as a 30 mile permanent road course at Puy de Dome in 1908. This never came to fruition, but a 5.005 mile circuit around two extinct volcanoes was built fifty years later in 1958, and it held the French GP four times. This circuit was closed in 1988 to be replaced with a new 2.4 mile circuit on the same site.
This is the 1.915 km Circuit des Salins, and was used from 1950 to 1953.
This is the 1.700 km Circuit des Landais, and was used from 1954 to 1956.