Central Carolina Fairgrounds
A 1/2 mile dirt oval built in 1920 in Greensboro, and first used for
motor-racing in 1926. Racing continued through until 1953, when the track was
shortened to 1/3 miles. Stock cars were raced there until the track closed in
1957. Another 1/4 mile dirt oval on Route 220, to the east of the town, was
used in 1957 for only one season.