Built on a World War II airfield at Middle Swan in Western Australia, it
was first used for the 1946 Victory Grand Prix. The WA Sporting Car Club
held the odd event there until securing a lease in 1953. It was gradually
developed, and held the Australian Grand Prix in 1957 and 1962. However,
at the end of 1968 the armed forces took back the property, and the WASCC
moved on to Wanneroo.
There were three circuits used: the "Triangle", which fell out of use in
the late 1950s (2.1 miles); the "T" circuit, used once or twice in the 1950s which ran
down two diagonally laid out runways; and the D circuit.