Cajon Speedway

PO Box 7
El Cajon
CA 92022

Built in 1955 as a Detroit Tiger spring training baseball diamond, it was never used for this purpose. Motorcycles first raced here in 1956, and a 1/4 mile dirt oval was used on the site from 1961 to 1963 for car racing. A 3/8 mile dirt oval was used from 1964 to 1965 (it was also known as the Gillespie Field County Stadium), and it was paved for 1966. A paved figure 8 course was added in 1980. However, in 2005/06 the circuit closed and was ploughed under.