Brough first opened on the 10th April 1949. It followed a slightly different configuraton to that shown above, with the track to the far left following the dotted perimeter until it rejoined the track at what became perimeter bend, where it had a small hairpin. This section was dropped soon after to form the 1.17 mile/1.7 km track shown above. It was used through until 1957.