PO Box 1321
Tel: 516 725-0888
Circuit length: 2.85 miles
How To Get There
Located at the far end of Long Island, Bridgehampton is located on top of a
sand dune overlooking Long Island Sound and Great Peconic Bay. From New York,
take the Long Island Expressway (I495) to exit 70, and turning south on Rte
111 South. Turn East on Rte 27 and follow it through the Hamptons, through
the town of Water Mill. Take first left after Hess Gas Station on your left
(Scuttlehole Road). Travel north and bear left on Millstone Rd.
Pause immediately to admire the sculptors house on the left (so says Brad
Berson!). The track entrance is a mile on the right.
Where To Stay
Camping:- at the track, but limited facilities.
488 Montauk Hwy (226)
East Hampton 11937
Tel: 516 324-4550
30 E.Moriches Rd
Tel: 516 727-6200
Tel: 516 369-2200
Public roads in the Bridgehampton area were used for races in the periods
1915-1921 and 1949-1953. After the tragic accident at Watkins Glen in 1952
Watkins Glen Grand Prix, racing on state maintained roadways in New York came
to an end. The Town of Bridgehampton began searching for a new site, and
located a parcel near Sag Harbor.
The first race on Bridgehampton Race Circuit occured in 1957, the same year as
the first race at Lime Rock and one year after the third Watkins Glen circuit
came into use. The facility has always been somewhat primitive, and development
was limited by the hostility of locals who bought nearby housing on the
assurance that the race track "would be going out of business soon anyway". It
finally did in 1999.