Avus Berlin
Adac Berlin eV
D-1000 Berlin 31

Tel: +030 8686284     Fax: +030 8686289

Track Length = 1.640 miles. Click for a map of the old 8.3km circuit.

Track History

First used in 1921 and venue for the first German GP in 1926, this was used for one championship GP, in 1959. The race was run in two parts, and Ferrari enjoyed a rare 1-2-3 with its Dino 246 - race winner Tony Brooks set the fastest lap.

At that time, Avus still incorporated the steeply banked north bend, linking two parallel straights (part of the Autobahn); there was a new flat south curve as the Berlin zonal border cut across the pre-war track. With the north bend, the lap distance was 5.15miles/8.29km, less from 1967 (3.030 miles/4.99km).