Augusta International Speedway
3.00 mile road course located West of Augusta and South of Fort Gordon on Willis Furman Road between US 1 and US 25 in Georgia. Opened in 1963, it was 3.0 miles long, but closed in 1969. However, the original plan from 1959 was quite different, and is shown below.
The original plan had a 5 mile road course looping around the lake, and a 2 mile tri-oval in the middle. Inside that was a 1 mile dirt oval, and inside that a 1/4 mile dirt oval. Also planned was a 1/4 mile drag strip and a small kart track.