Used on the 18th March 1909 for a car race, which was part of the St Patricks Day
Festival. This was the only time that the venue was used for car racing - the venue
was taken over in WW2 by the military and turned into an aerodrome, with the barracks
becoming a refugee camp after the war. It then became a golf course, before that too
was built upon.