Arlington Downs

Opened in 1929 as a 5/8 mile dirt oval horse track, it was expanded to 1.0625 miles in 1934. The track builder, W.T.Waggoner, died in 1936, and a year later betting was banned, horse racing ceasing that year.

The track was then used for many things, including minor auto racing until World War II. After the war, the track held Champ Car races, and was the site for the filming of the movie To Please A Lady. The final race was held in 1951, and the track sold in 1956, to be demolished.