Arizona State Fairgrounds
Located at McDowell Road and 19th Avenue in Phoenix, it first hosted a race
in November 1909 on a one mile dirt oval, although it had been the final stage for
the Cactus Derby since 1908. In 1939, a 5/8 mile paved oval was constructed
inside the dirt oval, which hosted AAA Championship Trail races until 1955.
It continued hosting races until a spectator fatality in 1972. There was also
briefly a 1/8 mile oval from 1985-1993, although it was reused from 1997.