Home of the New Zealand GP between 1954 and 1962, this track was exactly
2 miles long and almost perfectly flat and was located 20 miles south of
Auckland. During 1954 and 1955 the race was run in an anti-clockwise
direction, the course being 2.1 miles (3.2 km) and missing the hairpin. In
1956, the above course was used, the races being run in a clockwise
direction. In 1963, the circuit reverted to being an operational aerodrome
as a new airport was being built at Mangere. While in use, a club circuit
of approximately 1 mile was used (see first map below). However, in 1989,
the circuit below was used for a historic race meeting.
1 mile club circuit. This variant was used in 1960. The club circuit was
used since 1957, although the Auckland CC may have used a cloverleaf type circuit.
Historic race meeting layout