Circuit d'Albi Route de Toulouse 81990 Albi France Tel: +33 63849000 Fax: +33 63389601 Track length: 2.203 milesRacing first started on the Circuit des Planques in 1933, the pits and startline being on a short straight before the road twisted down into St.Antoine. At St.Juery the cars had to contend with an extreme hairpin bend, followed by a railway level crossing. The 5.531 mile circuit was shortened in 1951 to 1.859 miles, before being closed in 1955 following the Le Mans disaster. Racing resumed at the nearby Aerodrome in 1959, and was a flat and featureless 2.090 miles. The Chicane du Sequestre was introduced in 1988.
Rumours circulated in 1970 about holding the French GP here, but the closest it got was holding F2 races, the last of these being in 1973. Subsequent races have been for F3, Touring Cars and other junior formulae.